Lettings Quicklister Service – Terms & Conditions
Services included in the Lettings Quicklister service (excluding add-ons) are:
- Property valuation guide
- Use of the Cocoon Quicklister platform
- Quicklister remote support
- Comprehensive web portal marketing
- Notifications of tenant email and phone enquiries
- Referencing & Credit Check of selected tenants (one round of referencing only)
When instructing Cocoon to market your property for let you hereby confirm that you have authorisation from all legal owners and occupiers of the property, and any person with an interest in the marketing and or letting of the property, to do so.
You also confirm that you have authorisation from the same to, on accepting a tenants offer, proceed to execute a legally binding Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement on the behalves of all interested parties.
Use of the Quicklister Platform
When using the Quicklister platform:
- You will not use the Quicklister platform to distribute any illegal, obscene or otherwise harmful material.
- You will not impersonate others or create false accounts or adverts on the platform.
- You will not use software or any other means to harvest information from the platform.
- You must keep your password secure and will be responsible for any actions of any person logging into the platform using your username and password.
Quicklister advertising is designed for private landlords, and should not be used for sub-letting or by third parties such as estate or letting agents. By advertising via Quicklister, you are declaring that you are the landlord of the property you are advertising, or have the explicit permission of the landlord of the property to place the advert in a private capacity.
You must not create multiple adverts for the same room or property or create dummy or ‘feeder’ adverts which do not accurately reflect a property currently available for rent from that landlord.
Risk and Liability
Cocoon does not take any responsibility or liability for the actions of a tenant during a transaction, nor can we be held liable for any costs arising from breaches of a tenancy agreement or breakdown in landlord and tenant relations.
Marketing & Payment
You will be liable to pay remuneration to Cocoon in full prior to Cocoon marketing the property. Payment is made via a secure payment gateway integrated into our website. Credit or Debit card information used to purchase products or services through Cocoon will never be stored on our systems.
The marketing period is 3 months from the first day of marketing, or until an offer has been accepted by you. Should a let not be agreed within the 3-month period, service extensions can be implemented by re-ordering through the Cocoon website.
Cocoon will make you aware of all parties interested in viewing the property and provide contact details and relevant contact information. It is the responsibility of you the landlord to contact interested parties to arrange viewings. You will be responsible for conducting each property viewing unless our accompanied viewing service has been paid for.
Cocoon will not refund marketing fees if a marketed property does not let.
Identification & Proof of ownership
You will be asked to provide identification and proof of ownership documents prior to Cocoon marketing your property. These will typically be a copy of your passport, mortgage statement, recent utility bill (within 3 months) or property deed.
Energy Performance Certificate
You must provide Cocoon with a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). If you do not have an EPC Cocoon can arrange for this to be completed at an additional cost.
You must ensure that all property details submitted via the Quicklister platform are a true and accurate representation of the property you are letting. Cocoon will need to approve marketing details before advertising live on the market and reserve the right to request additional information from you in order to satisfy accuracy and content standards.
Cocoon reserves the right in all cases to refuse photographs or descriptions that are inaccurate, inappropriate or misleading to prospective tenants. If an advert is deemed by Cocoon to be non-publishable no full or part refund will be applicable.
You are fully responsible for ensuring the property meets the legal requirements for landlords and properties under any relevant legislation.
Once marketing has been approved your listing will be advertised as soon as reasonably practicable.
Your property will be advertised on the property portals set out on our website, however Cocoon reserve the right to change or terminate partnerships with any marketing third party at any time.
You will be responsible for contacting and arranging viewing appointments with the interested parties we send to you.
Once you have successfully selected a tenant for your property and notified Cocoon via the Quicklister platform you will have the option to request referencing and credit checks be carried out on your selected tenants(s).
If requested Cocoon will provide to you the reference and credit check results we receive relating to your prospective tenants. It is the decision of you the landlord to accept or reject the references provided. Cocoon accept no liability, costs or damages relating to an aborted tenancy or any false information provided by a prospective tenant(s).
In the event that your selected tenant(s) fail the referencing checks and/or the tenancy does not proceed, and you would like to re-start the property marketing, further marketing credits must be purchased in order to do so.
You will be responsible for complying with the Right to Rent legislation and witnessing compliant ID documents from a tenant prior to granting a tenancy agreement.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The lawful reasons Cocoon uses to process personal data are set out in Article 6 of the Regulation and with respect to the business model undertaken by Cocoon, our processing is lawful given that at least one of the following applies:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes (Consent).
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (Contract Performance).
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which we are subject to (Legal Obligations).
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Cocoon, except where our interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child (Legitimate Interest).
We may share information with third parties so that they can assist us in providing our services; selected third parties could include:
- Property seekers, for instance supplying your details to an applicant who has requested to view your property (normally in the event that you have failed to contact them first).
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of a contract, or (by way of example) supplying your details to a gas engineer to allow them to contact you and arrange a date and time to visit the property at which the service has been ordered.
If instructed by you Cocoon will enlist third party contractors to carry out works such as energy performance certificates, gas safety certificates, inventory services, and marketing boards. Cocoon may receive referral commission payments from third party suppliers as part of your transaction. Whilst Cocoon endeavour to work with trusted and reputable suppliers we will not be held liable for any grievance or complaint towards a third-party supplier.
Cancellations & Refunds
You can withdraw your advert at any time; however, Cocoon will not refund or part refund money for services already purchased if the property ad has been pushed live.
Services to Prospective Tenants
Cocoon, or a connected person or firm may offer and/or provide to the prospective tenants of your property related services such as insurance, utility, or internet quotations which a tenant may accept at their own discretion.
To Let Boards
If requested Cocoon will arrange for a marketing board to be erected outside the address provided via a third-party contractor. We will also arrange for the board to be collected once requested by you the client at any point during or after marketing. Cocoon accept no liability for any damage caused by the erection or removal of marketing boards.
Rental and Deposit Payments
Cocoon do not accept payments from any tenant, prospective or otherwise as part of our Quicklister service. Any payments related to the rental of a property are to be made direct to you the landlord. If rental terms are agreed between you and a tenant, and you require Cocoon to draft a tenancy agreement, we will require the bank details of where the rent is to be paid before both parties can execute an agreement.