Sales Quicklister Service – Terms & Conditions
Services included in the Sales Quicklister service are:
- Use of the Cocoon Quicklister platform
- Online property valuation guide
- Quicklister remote support
- Comprehensive web portal marketing
- Notifications of buyer enquiries
- Solicitor instruction via memorandum of sale (One set of memorandums only)
- KYC (Know Your Customer) check carried out on owner and purchaser
When instructing Cocoon to market your property for sale you hereby confirm that you have authorisation from all legal owners and occupiers of the property, and any person with an interest in the marketing and or sale of the property, to do so.
You also confirm that you have authorisation from the same, to accept a purchasers offer subject to contract, and proceed to exchange legally binding contracts.
Marketing & Payment
You will be liable to pay for services ordered in full prior to Cocoon marketing the property. Payment is made via a secure payment gateway integrated into our website. Credit or Debit card information used to purchase products or services through Cocoon will never be stored on our systems.
The marketing period is 6 months from the first day of marketing, or until an offer has been accepted by you and solicitors instructed. Once you have notified Cocoon of an agreed offer your listing will be removed from the open market. Should you wish to re-list your advert the full listing fee will be payable.
Cocoon will make you aware of all parties interested in viewing the property and provide contact details. It is the responsibility of you the owner (or the owner nominated person) to contact interested parties to arrange viewings. You will be responsible for conducting each property viewing.
Cocoon will not refund marketing fees if a marketed property does not sell.
Identification & Proof of ownership
You will be asked to provide identification and proof of ownership documents prior to Cocoon marketing your property. These will typically be a copy of your passport, photo driving licence, mortgage statement, buildings insurance certificate, land registry document or property deed.
Cocoon will carry out a ‘Know Your Customer Check’ (KYC) using your ID document to ensure compliance with Money Laundering Regulations.
Energy Performance Certificate
You must provide Cocoon with a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). If you do not have an EPC Cocoon can arrange for this to be completed at an additional cost.
You must ensure that all property details submitted via the Quicklister platform are a true and accurate representation of the property you are selling. Cocoon will need to approve marketing details before advertising live on the market and reserve the right to request additional information from you in order to satisfy accuracy and content standards.
Cocoon reserves the right in all cases to refuse photographs or descriptions that are inaccurate, inappropriate or misleading to prospective buyers.
If an advert is deemed by Cocoon to be non-publishable no full or part refund will be applicable.
Once marketing has been approved your listing will be advertised as soon as reasonably practicable.
Your property will be advertised on the property portals set out on our website, however Cocoon reserve the right to change or terminate partnerships with any marketing third party at any time.
You will be responsible for contacting and arranging viewing appointments with the interested parties we send to you. However, if Cocoon are
conducting viewings on your behalf, we will notify you of the date, time and contact name for each viewing and provide 24 hours’ notice of each
viewing. You agree to provide one full set of keys for a Cocoon representative to hold for the duration of marketing to access your property at
agreed times for viewing purposes only.
If a sale is agreed between you and a purchaser introduced by Cocoon, we will at your request send memorandums detailing the agreed sale price and party details to the solicitors representing each party.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The lawful reasons Cocoon uses to process personal data are set out in Article 6 of the Regulation and with respect to the business model undertaken by Cocoon, our processing is lawful given that at least one of the following applies:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes (Consent).
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (Contract Performance).
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which we are subject to (Legal Obligations).
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Cocoon, except where our interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child
We may share information with third parties so that they can assist us in providing our services; selected third parties could include:
- Property seekers, for instance supplying your details to an applicant who has requested to view your property (normally in the event that you have failed to contact them first).
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of a contract, or (by way of example) supplying your details to an energy assessor to allow them to contact you and arrange a date and time to visit the property at which the service has been ordered.
If instructed by you Cocoon will enlist third party contractors to carry out works such as energy performance certificates, floorplans, conveyancing, mortgage advice, and marketing boards. Cocoon may receive referral commission payments from third party suppliers as part of your transaction.
Whilst Cocoon endeavour to work with trusted and reputable suppliers we will not be held liable for any grievance or complaint towards a third party supplier.
‘For Sale’ Boards
If requested by you Cocoon will arrange for a marketing board to be erected outside the address provided via a third-party contractor. We will also arrange for the board to be collected once requested by you the client at any point during or after marketing. Cocoon accept no liability for any damage caused by the erection or removal of marketing boards.
Cancellations & Refunds
You can withdraw your advert at any time; however Cocoon will not refund or part refund money for services already purchased if the property ad has been pushed live.
Services to Prospective Purchasers
Cocoon, or a connected person or firm may offer and/or provide to the prospective purchasers of your property related services such as insurance, financial services or conveyancing.